Paul A. Dayer, CPA
Senior Manager | NC #37146 | 336.417.5454 | Email
Paul joined Gilliam Bell Moser’s audit team as a senior manager in 2018. He has over thirty years of experience as a professional auditor and advisor. Paul’s career includes service with international and regional CPA firms. He has also been a partner with a local firm.
Paul’s technical expertise includes financial accounting, audit and assurance among diverse industries including manufacturing, non-profits and employee benefit plans. His advisory assignments include due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience in quality improvement and monitoring. Paul is a frequent instructor nationally for other professional auditors.
- BBA, Accounting – College of William & Mary
- Business Valuation Certificate – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Advanced Leadership Course – Leadership Coaching, Inc.
- Allinial Global
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
Community Involvement (past and present)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (Buffalo Chapter): Chair of Auditing and Accounting Technical Committee; Treasurer
- Audubon North Carolina: Chair of Finance Committee
- Roycroft Campus Corporation (educational and historic renovation project): Treasurer
- University of Buffalo Advanced Commercial Lending Institute instructor for lenders from banks across the US.
When he’s not at work, Paul enjoys spending his time outdoors. He enjoys bird watching, traveling, hiking, camping, canoeing, skiing and coaching a travel soccer team.