Gilliam Bell Moser, GBM, is a North Carolina based CPA firm that offers a relaxed work atmosphere combined with continuous technical learning and professional development, high spirited client services, and an emphasis on community and team relationships. We get the job done for our clients, which is enhanced by our strategic membership in Allinial Global, an association of independent accounting firms across the globe. We encourage a work and life balance and promote professional growth. All personnel are assigned a coach who is regularly involved in assignments and development.
We put a high value on technical expertise and maintain a culture that allows personal accommodations. We are always encouraging innovation within a system of technologies and process management. Our purpose is to leverage our knowledge to help our clients manage risk and advise strategies that improves their financial security.
We are seeking experienced Audit and Accounting Professionals, who are committed to the vision of providing superior service and expertise, while working in a team oriented non-silo environment. We welcome results-oriented candidates who understand and appreciate our commitment to clients who count on us to be technically proficient and practical with advice.
Qualifications for Each Opportunity:
- 0 to 3 years audit and accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
Senior Audit Accountant:
- 3 to 5 years audit and accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 5+ years audit and accounting experience
- CPA required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting from university with distinctive program
- Master of Accountancy preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Adept with Windows, cloud computing and security management skills. Quick study for other applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personal qualities must include motivation, initiative, teamwork, and results orientation
- Interpersonal skills and comfortable with business development activities and client meetings
- Good professional standards research and self-study commitment
For Senior and Manager level positions: In addition to Staff Accountant qualifications, we are looking for the following:
- Experience with Engagement software, or similar digital audit binder application
- Advanced Excel skills including large data files
- Contribute proactively as a member of our audit team
- Audit, review, and compilation assignments
- Practice segments represented by manufacturing and distribution companies, other privately-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans
- Perform account analysis, testing procedures, prepare financial statements and resolve a variety of issues
- Develop a good rapport with assigned Coach
For Senior and Manager level positions: In addition to Staff Accountant duties, you are responsible for the following:
- Various on-demand custom consulting opportunities
- Planning and scheduling client engagements with audit team members
- Audit, review, compilation, and AUP procedures
- Engagement Review
- Active team member participating in audit practice management
- Participates in firm business development activities
- Develop a good rapport with assigned Coach and Coachees
Your contributions to the firm include exceptional client service, development of self and others, growth, and efficiency.
As a member of the A&A team, you will effectively engage with others to help manage processes, learning and quality.
This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary and bonus plus attractive benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday