Gilliam Bell Moser, GBM, is a North Carolina based CPA firm that offers a relaxed work atmosphere combined with continuous technical learning and professional development, high spirited client services, and an emphasis on community and team relationships. We get the job done for our clients, which is enhanced by our strategic membership in Allinial Global, an association of independent accounting firms across the globe. We encourage a work and life balance and promote professional growth. All personnel are assigned a coach who is regularly involved in assignments and development.
We put a high value on technical expertise and maintain a culture that allows personal accommodations. We are always encouraging innovation within a system of technologies and process management. Our purpose is to leverage our knowledge to help our clients manage risk and advise strategies that improves their financial security.
We are seeking experienced Fiduciary Tax Professionals, who are committed to the vision of providing superior service and expertise, while working in a team oriented non silo environment. We welcome results-oriented candidates who understand and appreciate our commitment to business owners who count on us as advisors to help them grow their businesses.
Qualifications for Each Opportunity:
- 0 to 3 years public accounting firm experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 3 to 5 years public accounting firm experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 5+ years public accounting firm experience
- CPA required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or Trust and Wealth Management
- Master of Accountancy or Trust and Wealth Management preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Personal qualities must include motivation, initiative, teamwork, and results orientation
For Senior and Manager level positions: In addition to Staff Accountant qualifications, we are looking for the following:
- Experienced with CCH suite of products
- Comfortable and experienced in firm business development activities, networking, and new client meetings
- Industry expertise: manufacturing, closely-held companies, and real estate preferred
- Proficient in preparing fiduciary, Federal estate tax, gift tax returns, individual, partnership, and S corporation returns
- Experience working with high-net-worth taxpayers
- Worked in a multi-location CPA firm with between 20 and 100 staff
- Tax preparation: fiduciary, gift, individual, partnership, corporate
- Expect to help monitor quarterly estimates and year-end tax forecasts
- Tax research and related planning strategies
- Review and analyze estate planning documents including wills, codicils, and trust instruments
- Develop a good rapport with assigned Coach
- Contribute proactively as a member of our tax team
Senior and Manager:
- Technical review of fiduciary, gift, individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns
- Prepare complicated tax engagements (or portions)
- Professional service and relationship manager for assigned list of clients
- Proactive tax planning for assigned clients
- Actively engage with our client’s team of professional advisors including investment advisors, and attorneys
- Tax team technical resource for trusts, estates, and wealth transfer
- Usage of all relevant software applications
- Active team member participating in tax practice management
- Participates in firm business development activities
- Develop a good rapport with assigned Coach and Coachees
Your contributions to the firm include exceptional client service, development of self and others, growth, and efficiency.
As a member of the tax team, you will effectively engage with others to help manage processes, learning and quality.
This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary and bonus plus benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday