If your passion is performing Employee Benefit Plan Audits, this position is for you.
Gilliam Bell Moser, GBM, is a North Carolina based CPA firm that offers a relaxed work atmosphere combined with continuous technical learning and professional development, high spirited client services, and an emphasis on community and team relationships. We get the job done for our clients, while encouraging a work and life balance.
We put a high value on technical expertise and maintain a culture that allows personal accommodations. We are members of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. Through this body, in order to maintain the highest standards in these complex audits, we are continually providing advanced education and training to our auditors. Our purpose is to leverage our knowledge to maximize the value provided to our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Employee Benefit Plan Audit Manager, who is committed to the vision of providing superior service and expertise, while working in a team oriented non silo environment.
Qualifications and Duties for this opportunity Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA including plans to apply for North Carolina reciprocal license
- 7 Years accounting firm experience
- 5 years Employee Benefit Plan Auditing experience
- Intimate knowledge of AICAP Employee Benefit Audit Guide
- Detailed understanding of Service Organization Controls Reporting
- History of attending advanced continuing education in the field
- Strong analytical ability
- Adept IT knowledge including remote cloud computing and paperless environment
- Well organized
- Solid people skills
- Strong communications capabilities
- Highest proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- CCH engagement software knowledge preferred
- Business development experience a plus
- This is a remote work from home position
- Planning and executing the entire engagement
- Risk assessment
- Review trustee reports
- Participant testing
- Census data analytics
- Financial reporting
- Ensure firm’s compliance with AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Assist in business development as a thought leader through education and building relationships with clients and referral sources emphasizing this discipline
- When work is completed in this area, assist in nonprofit and private company audits, compilations and reviews
This career altering position offers a competitive salary and bonus plus benefits. As the practice grows, you will grow.