Gilliam Bell Moser, GBM, is a North Carolina based CPA firm that offers a relaxed work atmosphere combined with continuous technical learning and professional development, high spirited client services, and an emphasis on community and team relationships. We get the job done for our clients, while encouraging a work and life balance.
We put a high value on technical expertise and maintain a culture that allows personal accommodations. We are always encouraging innovation within a system of technologies and process management. Our purpose is to leverage our knowledge to help our clients manage risk and advise strategies that improves their financial security.
We are seeking an experienced Strategic Tax Manager, who is committed to the vision of providing superior service and expertise, while working in a team oriented non silo environment.
Qualifications and Duties for this Partner Track Opportunity Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Masters in tax preferred
- 7 years accounting firm experience with 2 years in management.
- Directly supervised 3-5 staff.
- Worked in a multi-location CPA firm with between 20 and 100 staff.
- Experienced with CCH suite of products.
- Expert computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- QuickBooks expertise.
- Familiarity with CRM.
- Comfortable and experienced in firm business development activities; networking and new client meetings.
- Industry expertise: Manufacturing & Closely held Companies required. Real Estate preferred.
- This position is based in our Greensboro location and offers a combination of an office and remote work setting.
- Technical review of corporate, partnership, individual and trust tax returns.
- Prepare complicated tax engagements (or portions).
- Professional service and relationship manager for assigned list of clients.
- Proactive tax planning for assigned clients.
- Tax team technical resource for specialties to be agreed upon.
- Usage of all relevant software applications.
- Supervise 3-4 staff and senior tax accountants.
- Active team member participating in tax practice management.
- Participates in firm business development activities.
This career altering position offers a competitive salary and bonus plus benefits and has partner track potential.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Jeremy C. Hartle, CPA