Scott Williams, CPA , CGMA
Partner | NC #16409 | 336.417.5470 | Contact
A Gilliam Bell Moser Partner, Scott Williams specializes in auditing, profit and cash flow planning and analysis, and corporate and shareholder tax planning for closely held businesses and their owners. Scott’s client base ranges from manufacturing businesses to foreign-owned companies with operations in the United States. A volunteer in the community, Scott also works with non-profit clients. Scott’s clients regularly seek his advice, knowing he will listen closely to the issues, scrutinize the financial data and present creative, valuable ideas toward meeting their business plans.
Within the firm, Scott helps train and develop the talents of other professionals. Scott is also responsible for preserving quality standards for peer review compliance, and is an active participant in the leadership of the firm. Scott began his career at GBM in 1985.
“My greatest satisfaction as a mentor is witnessing and contributing to the growing talents of our professional team. As an adviser, I especially enjoy visiting our clients at their place of business and participating in the development of ideas to assist with their strategies.”
- BS, Kenan Flagler Business School at University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Allinial Global – Board member, Manufacturing Community of Practice Chair
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Alamance Achieves Transformation Council
- Boy Scouts of America – Alamance District – Council Treasurer, Silver Beaver Award, District Volunteer
- Healthy Alamance, Board Member
- United Way of Alamance County – Treasurer, Budget Chair, Campaign Division Chair
- Burlington Jaycees, Treasurer
A native of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Scott enjoys leisure time with family, including a granddaughter. He also enjoys working out with friends at the Y, reading and celebrating championships of his Tarheels!